Export Audio to Movie [SOLVED]

PJ Studios

G5 IMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5. 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Macintosh HD. 4 Gb RAM 21.5" Screen

Logic Pro 9.1.7 Mac OS X 10.7.4 Lion

Hi I've loaded a video into logic and imported the audio. I've muted a lot of the original audio recorded through the camera mic due to distortion and replaced it with new recorded audio.

When I Export Audio to Movie it bounces down then saves the file under the name I give it. The audio is there when I play the Quicktime movie but so is the original audio soundtrack from the camera mic. I've tried everything to get rid of the original audio even deleting it from the arrange window (not the audio bin) but I can't fix the problem.

I've done it in Linear PCM Format but i'm not sure what that is as the Manual doesn't explain these formats.

I'm afraid the Manual is not really of any help so my final resort is to post onto this Forum. Can anyone please help me.

THank you.

Rob

There is one more dialogue box before you get the dialogue box to save (I can't remember when) but it will list one item which is the original sound track.. if you UNHIGHLIGHT that, then you should get only your new audio.... it's not obvious, but that's the way it works.

Hope that solves your problem.

There is one more dialogue box before you get the dialogue box to save (I can't remember when) but it will list one item which is the original sound track.. if you UNHIGHLIGHT that, then you should get only your new audio.

This one:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/Art/S09/S0916_ExportAudioTrac.png

J.

Brilliant thanks Dan and Jordito that's the box that confused me. I thought it was going to show me the track that I'd just done or that was supposed to be the track that I'd just done so I highlighted it. I'll go and try it right now. Thanks very much for your help.

Regards from New Zealand.

Rob