Logic 8 Crashes when opening project, Will not Close

JesseJe

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm working on a MacBook with OS X Version 10.6.8

Processor 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM (don't know what that means...)

I have used Logic Pro version 8.0.0 Academic for years - recorded a whole album with it. Took a break from music for a year or two and now when I try to use Logic on this computer it crashes when I try to open an old project, when I try to arm a track for recording, and it also will not close in the traditional way. (Pressing the x in the top left corner or going into File 'Close Project does nothing) I have to force quit every time.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice now. An odd thing is that the installer says it needs 30 GB of space to install all these audio files, so I made sure I had like 70 GB of space. But when it is finished installing, there is still like 69 GB of space on my computer - so I think something goes wrong there.

I'm using a MICROBOOK MOTU sound card for the time being, and have been able to record successfully with that before this problem came up.

I'm not very advanced in my understanding of the way the technical side of this works, but I'm learning as much as I can and hope I've provided enough information.

Any help or suggestions is really appreciated! Thanks!