waves 9 plugins not running in Logic?

grg1540

so......... i am running logic 9 with a volume license and protools 10 on my brand new 16G i7 quadcore macbook pro. lol.

for some reason, i cannot get logic to run my waves 9 plugins when in fact, they run fine in pt 10.

waves 8 on the other hand, run in both logic pro 9 and pt 10.

it seems that on e possibility for this is that the auvaltool is not recognizing the plugs? is that possible?

i am running lion as well as my os.

this is really tough for me as i am a logic maniac and have been so for over 6 years now.

it's actually a good feeling not to have asked any questions here for some time as all of you have been amazingly helpful.

if there are any thoughts or suggestions on how to get logic 9 to run my waves 9 plugs, please feel free to suggest anything.

by the way. all of my other plugs run fine in logic as well as pt 10.

thanks

so much,

g

nyc

no. the plugs are no longer listed. waves 8 was listed and i soon as i installed waves 9, they were not listed.

i do believe, i have directed logic properly to engage the path to waves 9.

thanks david.

good to hear from you again.

g

nyc

will do. on the road so will get to that in a couple of weeks. thanks so much david.

by the way i am now playing drums for super model jessica white, with al carty on bass, ( rob thomas, david bowie, rhianna), and sherrod barnes on gtr, ( beyonce and whitney houston).

so look for me on drums!

sababa! ( slang for cool in israel)

hope your summer is going great.

g

nyc

1. Remove both the V8 & V9 AU components:

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components > WaveShell-AU 8.0.component | WaveShell-AU 9.0.component

Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Waveshells > WaveShell-AU 8.0.component | WaveShell-AU 9.0.component

2. Download the latest Waves installer (V9r5): http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=96

3. Re-install all of your Waves plug-ins

You did run the Wave AU Reg Utility for 9.0 didn't you?

It can be found here;

applications/waves/waveshells/waves reg utility 9.0

if you don't run the Wave Reg Util... the Waves AU plugins will not show up in Logic (or any other AU compatible DAW for that matter)

Please note: Waves has a very odd and unique way of installing all their AU components so the above step is required....

• 9 months later...

FOUND BEST / MOST LIKELY FIX FOR MISSING PLUG-INS LOGIC

Hey people,

Kinda new to all this but i did find a strange solution to all of my missing plugins. Im not sure about the reason why this happens but it seems that when you run logic in 64bit mode, most of your plugins like waves, lexicon reverb, spectrasonics stylus and omnisphere are 32 bit plugins, and Logic doesn't recognise them. Here's my fix.

Step 1: Install waves, lexicon etc. basically any 32-bit plugin. Or even 32 bit VST's and other software instruments.

Step 2: Open up finder. Go to applications. Right click on Logic. Click on Get Info. There's a checkbox to "run in 32-bit mode". Check it.

Step 3: Start up logic. It will run in 32bit mode and suddenly finds all the plug ins. When you see all your missing plugins are there and working, quit Logic.

Step 4: Open up finder again. Go to applications. Right click on Logic. Click on Get Info. UNCHECK the checkbox to "run in 32-bit mode".

Step 5: Start up logic. It will run in 64 bit mode again and you will see when you click on "Inserts" that it created an extra option at the very bottom for "AU Units (32 bit)" and you can find all the plug-ins in there. Same goes for VST's when you click on I/O.

I've done this 7 or 8 times with missing plug-ins (Lexicon, Omnisphere, Waves) in Logic Pro 9, and it worked every time.

Hope this helps allot of people like it helped me.

• 8 months later...

"1. Remove both the V8 & V9 AU components:

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components > WaveShell-AU 8.0.component | WaveShell-AU 9.0.component

Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Waveshells > WaveShell-AU 8.0.component | WaveShell-AU 9.0.component

2. Download the latest Waves installer (V9r5): http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=96

3. Re-install all of your Waves plug-ins"

That's the solution. Thank you.

You have to remove the components and waves from applications and library, reinstal and after that run the waves shell reg. In this process you got to have logic closed, of course. Works for me.

• 5 years later...
You did run the Wave AU Reg Utility for 9.0 didn't you?

It can be found here;

applications/waves/waveshells/waves reg utility 9.0

if you don't run the Wave Reg Util... the Waves AU plugins will not show up in Logic (or any other AU compatible DAW for that matter)

Please note: Waves has a very odd and unique way of installing all their AU components so the above step is required....

n6smith, you just saved my life! I had deleted Waves plugins a couple of years ago, but just loaded up a song to be sent for mastering and it had waves plugs on it. I've been searching for days online trying to get them to work and your tip was the last piece of the puzzle. Thank you!!!