Launch Logic in a language you prefer with Applescript

Jordi Torres

Sometimes you may need to open Logic in a language different than the one being used by your user account in OSX.

Until now I used to use a free app called Language Switcher. What I don't like about Language Switcher is that it always opens Logic in 64bit mode no matter what, and besides that you have do a search within Language Switcher to pick the app you want to open and then also pick a language from a drop down menu. It's not that bad...but what if you know it's Logic you want to open...and that you want to open it in a specific language from the get go?

Enter the AppleScript Editor!

apscript.png.795a598bdf43262a4a1f46f3fab3c8e4.png

Logic can be open in 5 different languages: Deutsch, English, Français, 日本語, Español.

In the image above I'v chosen Spanish (the "es" right after the "-array"), for the other languages you'd need to enter:

-Deutsch: de

-English: en

-Français: fr

-日本語: zh-Hans

After writing the script to open Logic in one of these languages, you can save it as an application (File > Save As> (give it a name) > fFile Format > Application)

You can then launch Logic in the language specified in the script regardless of the language being used in your OSX account by simply double clicking the AppleScript app. It will also respect whichever mode you've chosen in Logic's Get Info box:

http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/HT3989/HT3989-1-en.png

You can even change the App's icon to whatever you prefer. For example:

88157226_OpenLogicES.png.981357b859a9b18be64d045d0298c160.png

Hope someone finds this useful!

J.