ADAT/SMUX digital Inputs

MIDI input (USB-A type connector)

8 Analog Outputs: 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level

1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output

2 top panel high-resolution OLED displays

Controller knob

6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs

3 assignable touchpads

Quartet works with any Core Audio compatible application including: Logic, Pro Tools 9 and 10, Final Cut. Ableton Live

Made in the U.S.A.

I'd love to have this... but would wait to save up an extra 1k to buy the UAD Apollo. Twice the ports + UAD DSP & plugs + real time processing.

It's an interesting market niche that they're going for. I'd imagine universities will be buying these things up. From my own personal experience, the Duet 2 is way buggier the the original Duet - this would make me hold off from buying it for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
I was interested, but USB2 is a deal-breaker.

it's actually a faster option for Mac. sure beats fw400, take it from a long standing 002 user.

Regardless what the Apogee numbers say, every time I tried to use Apogee USB interfaces at a 32 buffer, they could never handle it. So in that sense Fw400 is still faster than USB2 for real-world use.

I was interested, but USB2 is a deal-breaker.

it's actually a faster option for Mac. sure beats fw400, take it from a long standing 002 user.

Regardless what the Apogee numbers say, every time I tried to use Apogee USB interfaces at a 32 buffer, they could never handle it. So in that sense Fw400 is still faster than USB2 for real-world use.

you should consider yourself lucky that your ultralite is even still working :) (mine crapped out years ago)

i think you might be an outlier in that experience, as i've found just the opposite to be true. i switched over from my 002 to a duet and found that things ran much more smoothly. i run extremely labor intensive sessions (tons of MIDI and plugins galore), the intention of which is commercial production and use. I've found Apogee's stuff to be nothing but useful, aside from Duet's limitations with I/O. now that they've essentially expanded the duet, seems like a no brainer.

Not to take merits off your experience, but a Digi 002 with Logic was never a good marriage, and Digi's drivers with anything but ProTools was always a nightmare.

I don't think Apogee can write good FW drivers, that's I think why they ditched it. Motu on the other hand, solid as can be. Lots of sessions at 32 buffer for audio recording purposes, even at 96k sample rate. No probs.

Yeah, kudos to my ultralite, still first generation. Awesome :)

Not to take merits off your experience, but a Digi 002 with Logic was never a good marriage, and Digi's drivers with anything but ProTools was always a nightmare.

I don't think Apogee can write good FW drivers, that's I think why they ditched it. Motu on the other hand, solid as can be. Lots of sessions at 32 buffer for audio recording purposes, even at 96k sample rate. No probs.

Yeah, kudos to my ultralite, still first generation. Awesome :)

I don't think that's really the case with their decision to go USB, FW just isn't as good as USB for mac. there are no CoreAudio drivers for fw800 so all fw800 interfaces run at fw400 speed, which is actually slower than USB 2 :)

i definitely found the 002 troublesome too, that's probably why I got rid of it :). I simply found the Duet to run a lot more efficiently than both the 002 and my ultralite mk3, and the conversion to be unparalleled. HATED the way my little motu box sounded. i also found the interface itself to be a bit clumsy, like an old car stereo. Duet's much easier to use IMO.

I don't think that's really the case with their decision to go USB, FW just isn't as good as USB for mac. there are no CoreAudio drivers for fw800 so all fw800 interfaces run at fw400 speed, which is actually slower than USB 2 :)

Apogee says that, not you or anybody else.

To me the Duet sounds hyped in the highs, that's why everybody that has it loves it. It sounds hifi, not warm at all.

In my experience, a waste of money.

But to each his own 8)