Advice for my 2-Mac network?

DittoDogg

I'd appreciate any advice anyone has as to how I should network my computers together, if at all. I run Logic from a 2.4ghz intel i5 macbook with 16GB ram. I run most of my samples through multiple instances of EXS24, sometimes 50+ instances. It usually works pretty well. However, I also have a circa 2009 Mac Mini I'd like to put to good use. It's got 4GB Ram, which I think is the max.

I'm about to buy Heavyocity's Damage, and thought about putting it on my Mac Mini and networking it. Or maybe I should run some of my exs samples via Kontakt player on my Mac Mini? Would I need Vienna Ensemble Pro to use the Mac Mini?

I've never networked two computers together for composing, with Logic or any other sequencer. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks! I'm posting what I wrote to "mooquu" below, in hopes you can help. Looks like Wormhole AU has a problem working with osx 10.7......just in case you know anything @ it.

-----

mooquu, thanks for the great info. I studied film scoring at Berklee ('02); if I'd had another $30g I'd have studied music synth and (for another $30g) MP&E. Alas.... I didn't, so I have a question or two about this setup.

I got midi working over my network using audiomidi; I installed WormHole 2.0.6 component file in both my OS10.6 MacMini (slave) and my 10.7 Macbook. The MacMini can see Wormhole as an available AU plugin; the Macbook cannot. I read somewhere that this was an issue with osx 10.7; is this true? If so I guess this solution won't work for me?