Logic 9 CPU usage vs pro tools 8?

Rkmusic

Why is pro tools 8 cpu usage way better then logic 9 right now.Im in 64 bit mode with logic.I just tested pro tools with omnisphere 8 midi channels and the cpu limit reaches only 50% max.All the tracks were playing at the same time to test it.Logic clips when i have 8 tracks going.I would hate to go back to pt just for the cpu usage.I love logic ready set go style.I sure would miss its drumkits.Thanks.This is not what daw is better debate just cpu usage help....,.,.,.,

When you say Logic "clips", what does that mean?

That aside...

I don't think anyone's going to be able to give you a definitive answer regarding CPU usage whys and wherefores for any particular plugin, but maybe there are some things you can do to tweak Logic's settings (and or bump up the capabilities of your computer) so that you can get more out of Logic. To help you with that there are many details that we'd need to know. For example, how have have you installed your Omnisphere library? Is it on your system disk or a dedicated and separate hard drive? Other things, such as how much RAM you have, your i/o and processing buffer sizes might also come into play.

Having the Omnisphere library (the samples) installed on your internal HD isn't really the best way to go. Ideally, you'd want to install the samples (and any other sample library's samples) on a separate hard drive, FW400 or better (not USB). The reason for this is that the system drive is accessed on a regular basis by the OS. Thus, if the drive head has to fly all over the disk to read streaming sample data as well as everything else that the OS needs, it can cause a decrease in performance.

It's not possible to say if this is what's going on with your system, but it's a distinct possibility.

What did you mean by "clips" (from your first post)?

Yea i can move omnisphere samples to my glyph hd if it helps....The cpu usage meter clips red sorry im using meter terms lol..Im using two cores so one side clips red..Thats the thing pt 8 i have so much room to use omnisphere.Which doesnt make sense....Whats the best way to put my samples on my external hd.Cut and paste or a fresh install