Select all following not selecting all tempo nodes?

JT3_Jon

I'm trying to extend the intro to my song, and in retrospect I probably should have used "insert time" but I thought "select all following" functioned correctly. Apparently it does not.

The first time I used it, it did indeed select all following from my selected region, including all tempo nodes. I've used it a couple more times as I was building the intro to my song, not thinking anything of it. However, when I did it recently, I noticed the first 3 or so tempo nodes were NOT selected!! Why?!

Any idea whats going on or how to fix it? Is "select all following" unreliable when it comes to global tracks?

Hi JT,

Couple of options...

1) Open the Tempo list and, holding down Shift, manually select the unselected tempo events. Do not select the first tempo event, however. That needs to stay put. In my experience, not having a tempo event at 1 1 1 1 will cause Logic to lose its mind.

2) In the global tracks, with cycle off, click in the space directly to the right of the word "tempo" and that will select all of the tempo events

Thanks for the tips. Oddly enough, logic is now selecting all the following tempo nodes again when I select a region and hit "select all following." I'll keep an eye out for this behavior, and doing so in the tempo list is a GREAT trick! Its weird though, I don't think I've ever had a problem selecting regions, only objects in the global track (time signatures, tempo nodes, markers, etc).