switching instruments on exs through midi?

edubz

I would like to use my supernova II to change the instruments on my exs sampler. for example, instead of using the mouse, can I make my SN II change to the next sounds?

:cry:

You can control just about anything you want in EXS but that. Well, You can use the Key/Midi command to change to the NEXT or PREVIOUS sound.

Maybe you can rename some and add them back in a group.

990851879_Picture3.png.3e2deb1aac9a6addd1dd53c79542b213.png

I would like to use my supernova II to change the instruments on my exs sampler. for example, instead of using the mouse, can I make my SN II change to the next sounds?

:cry:

You can control just about anything you want in EXS but that. Well, You can use the Key/Midi command to change to the NEXT or PREVIOUS sound.

Maybe you can rename some and add them back in a group.

yes, but, where is the key/midi command? Is it a combination of keys I must hold down? :?:

:oops:

Sorry...From the Main Logic menu got to Preferences - KEY Commands

Once in the Key command window type EXS in the search window (top right) and you will see the Previous and Next commands in the Global section.

Highlight either one (next) and click on the Learn New Assignment button (bottom right) and push the button you selected to control this function. Do the same thing with Previous. A rotory knob may not work and it will need to be a push button controller(s). Then go to your EXS plug in and try it.

If you get this to work, the next step is to use your controller knobs and buttons to actually move any knob in the EXS.

Let me know...

Mark

1528805673_Picture1.png.ad6bd717b9c11a417b4185d8292fd79d.png

977469698_Picture2.png.00e13d4eb3b44981fec64db92b15d479.png

Once in the Key command window type EXS in the search window (top right) and you will see the Previous and Next commands in the Global section.

Highlight either one (next) and click on the Learn New Assignment button (bottom right) and push the button you selected to control this function. Do the same thing with Previous. A rotory knob may not work and it will need to be a push button controller(s). Then go to your EXS plug in and try it.

If you get this to work, the next step is to use your controller knobs and buttons to actually move any knob in the EXS.

Let me know...

Mark

I am on logic 6.4.3. Dont know if that makes a difference?

I tried to use the learn midi key in key commands , but its not working. it shows up in the thing like it learn it, but it wont work with the exs

Let me know...

Mark

I am on logic 6.4.3. Dont know if that makes a difference?

I tried to use the learn midi key in key commands , but its not working. it shows up in the thing like it learn it, but it wont work with the exs

I don't know about 6.4.3 - does it have a "Learn New Assignment button" in addition to the Learn Midi key?

If the command is in the Global command section, you should be able to control it.