i Tunes to Wav Burner to Recycle to exs sampler question....

Lycan

...And one other.

First, I have a song on i tunes. I would like to sample the first ten second of the song into my wave burner and chop off and use only the part of song I want to sample. Then I would like to break it down into individual samples in recycle and store into my exs sampler. I would still like to have a whole version of the sample too. I have a semi- understanding but I don't use the wav app. so can anyone assist with some advice of how to cut what I need, or an easier way of doing so?

Second, When sampling or recording from my dj setup. Whether for sampling some record tracks or making a mix. What tempo should I be recording at?

I also use an apogee ensemble... Why when I record at 44khz vs. MaxK or 96/124khz. One will sound extremely too too fast.

I need some guidance is there anyone here to help me find the right way?

Many Many Mahalos,

Lycan :?:

...And one other.

First, I have a song on i tunes. I would like to sample the first ten second of the song into my wave burner and chop off and use only the part of song I want to sample. Then I would like to break it down into individual samples in recycle and store into my exs sampler. I would still like to have a whole version of the sample too. I have a semi- understanding but I don't use the wav app. so can anyone assist with some advice of how to cut what I need, or an easier way of doing so?

Second, When sampling or recording from my dj setup. Whether for sampling some record tracks or making a mix. What tempo should I be recording at?

I also use an apogee ensemble... Why when I record at 44khz vs. MaxK or 96/124khz. One will sound extremely too too fast.

I need some guidance is there anyone here to help me find the right way?

Many Many Mahalos,

Lycan :?:

Hi Lycan,

I cannot actually help you with what you are doing, but it sounds like you have the harderst part figured out. What I can suggest is that your search this forum for words like EXS sampler, or apogee ensemble, etc. I know I have read about people putting samples into EXS, and much other DJ type topics. Lots of good advice if you sift thru here. There is an Alternative software prog. to help with EXS.

I am not sure that Tempo has much to do with sampling, but you can alway time stretch the sample to fit.

As I said, I can't help much here so be patient, There are like 8,500 viewers and hopefully someone will join in to help out.

Mark