Digital Optical ports

Parthian

Try this:

In your Audio MIDI Setup, go to "Properties For" and make sure "Built-in Audio" is selected (if you have more than one audio interface). Below you should see a pull down called "Source" and make sure "Digital In" is selected. Do something similar for Audio Output.

I haven't tried this at all. Just a guess...

Cheers a-swift and zaque, I tried both ideas to no avail.

1 Regular audio cannot be disabled on either input or output. Note the optical input and output is listed in the same window.

2 Changeing to the digital input doesnt make any difference, and i have tried e3very combination available to include creating an agragate device and switching to built-in audio 2 (which has now output selections)

Thanks for the ideas anyway...

Bill

Are you using digital audio cables with mini toslink connector or adapter (found at Apple stores and elsewhere) ? I believe the Mac automatically switches to digital audio when the proper connectors are used...

-s.

Cheers a-swift and zaque, I tried both ideas to no avail.

1 Regular audio cannot be disabled on either input or output. Note the optical input and output is listed in the same window.

2 Changeing to the digital input doesnt make any difference, and i have tried e3very combination available to include creating an agragate device and switching to built-in audio 2 (which has now output selections)

Thanks for the ideas anyway...

Bill

There was an issue with this. I can not remember where I read it, but it is on the Apple site under the tech support section. If I remember right, you had to set it up as an aggregate device. I know it was hard to find but try searching apples site for toslink, digital, logic.

Hope this helps.