Send Audio To Different Busses Via MIDI

GavinHoak

My goal is to send sound from the ES2 to different busses. I want which bus the sound is sent to to be determined by the MIDI note of a different instrument. I have an ES2 synth and three busses set up. Each bus has an automatic filter that modulates at 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16. How would I go about doing that?

@hungrydave: Logic does not work very well with automation. It's actually the most inefficient out of all the options.

@EricBradley: I understand that I could send the sound to all three busses, but I still have to turn them on and off, so they're not all playing at the same time. I do not know how to do that. As for the creating millions of channel strips to act as one instrument, I do that already, I just thought there had to be an easier way that didn't require me to duplicate the dry signal.

Thank you for your replies.

@EricBradley: I understand that I could send the sound to all three busses, but I still have to turn them on and off, so they're not all playing at the same time. I do not know how to do that.

That's what Eric just answered though: the type of data you need to send to a channel strip in order to automate its send levels:

First slot is:

Fader 1 28

Second is 29 and so on.

However personally I go about this a slightly different way, sending to all 3 busses and using the MIDI notes of a controller to mute/unmute one of those 3 Auxes at a time: Teddy Riley-style Effect Rack triggered by keys

Archived