Automation from synth as automation and not inside the block

Snus

I am used to do the automation for a synth under the automation "timeline" (pressing A) but when I use my controller , AKAI MPK, and use "midi learn" so I assign cuttoff etc to knobs - the automation is placed inside the instrument block and layers upon layers are created after each record i make with automation's.

I know Google is my friend but I am not sure what to search for in this case, to get the knobs recorded under "A" timeline as I normally have my stuff. So I'm hoping someone in here have a solution or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I am used to do the automation for a synth under the automation "timeline" (pressing A) but when I use my controller , AKAI MPK, and use "midi learn" so I assign cuttoff etc to knobs - the automation is placed inside the instrument block and layers upon layers are created after each record i make with automation's.

That sounds wrong: automation you learn (using Logic's Controller Assignment window in learn mode) make the corresponding MIDI CC no longer available as a MIDI CC, but instead can record it as track automation in touch/latch mode. What instrument, what parameter are you using, how did you assign it?

For now in that project, you could select all your regions and choose Track > Track Automation > Move All Region Data to Track Automation.

Testing the Akai since I just bought it.

Logic and Massive.

Click on a knob in Massive and choose "Midi learn" and move a knob on the akai.

Then I press Rec in logic and move the knobs. The recorded motion is placed inside the block or as a new block placed over my "notes" i wrote.

See image I attached (i moved the new written block to the right just to show its a new block written with just the automation i made)..

If I then record something more like this was with "AM" filter and next i want it to wobble, a new block will be made.

I am totally new to work like this so yes - newbie here but you say there is a nother way I should assign the knobs and pads so that it will be under automations , when pressing "A" and all are shown ?

schoot.thumb.jpg.f2a7875829c39abb99524b6d8a80076e.jpg

I am sorry if I missunderstand you in any way here. But there is no way to record the automations under the automation feild, pressing A? Or is that what you mean I enable when going into settings ?

Edit: Did what you said and its now doing a one block to the mall, much better - but it's still the block based automations. Perhaps this is the correct way to do them? I dont know. I am so used to do the other way to make sweaps with filters and such.

Edit: Did what you said and its now doing a one block to the mall, much better - but it's still the block based automations. Perhaps this is the correct way to do them? I dont know. I am so used to do the other way to make sweaps with filters and such.

That's at least one correct way of doing it, yes. The automation is contained within the MIDI regions rather than on a track automation lane when in automation view as with "Track Based Automation".

To use track based automation, forget about assigning any MIDI CC to the parameters in Massive, and instead try this: Quick Guide to using a MIDI controller with Logic