64 Bit Versions of Plugins not loading [SOLVED]

blackmagicdisco

Hi All,

So i've just spent the last couple of nights getting all the latest versions of my plugins and ensuring they work in 64 bit. However, there are a few stubborn ones, that despite the plugin I installed being the latest 64 bit versions, every time I open Logic in 64 bit mode, they appear in the 32 bit wrapper. I have gone to the audio units manager and they don't appear there with all the other 64 bit plugins, so Ive even gone back to 32 bit, rescanned, closed then reopened in 64 bit mode, but still same problem. The particular plugins are DCam Synth squad and 2C Audio Breeze. I did have the same issue with Camel Phat, but it seems to have fixed itself!

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

thanks,

Justin

Do the 32-bit versions have the same name as the 64-bit versions? In which case, if you installed the 32-bit version after the 64-bit version then they'll be overwritten. I had this with one or two of the Rob Papen plugins. My solution was to install the 32-bit versions, rename them (by adding "32" to the name) and then install the 64-bit versions.

The problem is that Breeze has not been released as a 64bit AU plugin yet.. so that's why it doesn't show up where you expect it to... and has to use the 32bit bridge..

From 2CAudio's website...

We are still working on 64bit OSX AU and VST support. It takes time to do this task properly, as we are using it as an opportunity to update our GUI code as well to enable some very cool things for the future. Thus we are launching B2 now as 64bit and 32bit on Windows, and 32-bit only on OSX. We know this will upset some OSX people. If you are one of these people who is waiting for 64bit OX versions, know that this is what we are doing right now. It just takes time for us to do properly. We know many others have made this transition already, but we are also not alone in our position. Our sentiment on this is similar to recent statements made by a few notable peers on this topic. It is our priority, and we are doing the best we can to get it done to our expected level of standards, while also making significant enhancements to GUI features that will effect all platforms. OSX 64-bit updates for Aether, Breeze and B2 will be free for all customers. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

The same applies with Synth Squad.. They haven't released a 64 bit AU version yet....