Waves Complete 7.0 Bundle not recognised by Logic [SOLVED]

bobblehat

I'm running OS X 10.8.2 with Logic Pro 9.1.7. I have the Waves Complete Collection 7.0 Bundle.

I have installed the Waves plugins and they are currently in the Applications folder on my HD. I have run the Waves AU Reg Utility, so in theory the plugins should be recognised by Logic. However, I went into Preferences > Audio Units Manager in Logic and the only plugin that appears is the API-2500 Compressor plugin.

Please help!

bobblehat

I'm not so sure that version 7 will work on Mountain Lion!

Waves Support | Tech Specs

You're right - Waves website states that it will only run on systems up to Snow Leopard 10.6.4 - however, i used to run the plugins on 10.6.8 and they worked fine! so if the system requirements they provide aren't accurate, i'm wondering maybe there is a way round this issue?

Thanks for your prompt replies guys!

Bobble, they just didn't update that line on the website. There is little difference between 10.6.4 and 10.6.8, or at least not anything that would affect NI products.

But the switch from 10 6.x to 10.7 represented a massive change in OSX, including the disk structure... OSX 10.7 can't even read Time Machine backups from previous versions. And 10.8 introduced some equally wide-spread changes, mostly having to do with graphics handling.

Komplete 7 isn't going to run under either of the Lions. Time to update.

I'm not so sure that version 7 will work on Mountain Lion!

Waves Support | Tech Specs

You're right - Waves website states that it will only run on systems up to Snow Leopard 10.6.4 - however, i used to run the plugins on 10.6.8 and they worked fine! so if the system requirements they provide aren't accurate, i'm wondering maybe there is a way round this issue?

Thanks for your prompt replies guys!

Mountain Lion (Mac OS X 10.8.x) requires Waves V9.

Actually, I have no idea why but, the Waves V7 plugins now work! All i did was completely remove all the waves plugins from my HD and then reinstalled them. I then ran AU manager in Logic and had to validate all the plugins. The reason as to why this happened is completely baffling but, not complaining!