frozen tracks won't playback

christov

hello,

i am new to this forum and pretty new to logic as well.

i am having trouble with the freezing function. When i freeze a stereo instrument track i get no playback sound. when i unfreeze the track the sound is immediately back. I can find the files in the freeze folder though and they play back alright in itunes.

any idea what could be wrong here? audio tracks still seem to freeze without problems.

i remember checking out the freezing function a few weeks back, when i started using logic and it worked just fine.

i tried different sessions, but it seems like freezing instruments is broken on all of them. did anyone experience anything like this before?

cheers,

ralf

i think i found the problem:

it seems a track needs to see the track midi data to freeze or bounce in place. if there's no midi data present directly on the track, and the track is only fed by midi that's routed around behind the back via the environment, or the automation data (like in my case), then no freeze file is put in place. it's still strange though, because in the project folder the files do show up and contain all the audio.

is this expected behavior??

no, i haven't found the problem still. the above mentioned fix don't work for all my instruments. the reaktor stuff still stays silent.

very frustrating. this cost me half the day already.

i use so many cpu intense plugs, that there's no way to work without freezing.

any advice is very appreciated!

now i found it:

it is the presence of a midi region directly on the track, as i mentioned before AND

the other problem is that the instrument track i tried to freeze is a granular reaktor ensemble that is fed realtime audio via the side chain to produce sound. it seems like audio that comes in through the side chain is disabled when freezing an instrument.

i can't really see why things are set up like that, but it seems like i have to work around this by creating a separate audio track, copy over the audio region and use reaktor as an effect. this complicates my workflow quite a bit, but i guess that's what i'll have to do.

cheers

the other problem is that the instrument track i tried to freeze is a granular reaktor ensemble that is fed realtime audio via the side chain to produce sound. it seems like audio that comes in through the side chain is disabled when freezing an instrument.

Freezing tracks is an offline process, so it won't work with some things (as you have seen).

i can't really see why things are set up like that, but it seems like i have to work around this by creating a separate audio track, copy over the audio region and use reaktor as an effect. this complicates my workflow quite a bit, but i guess that's what i'll have to do.

Why not do a realtime bounce of the track and use that audio to replace the instrument?

J.