Logic with Apogee Ensemble stuttering audio

widnikprod

Hi, I'm using Logic 9.1.7 on a MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8 2.16 Ghz interl Core Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM with an Apogee Ensemble with Maestro 1.7 Driver v2.6.2fc2, firmware v1.9.30 being clocked by a Black Lion microclock mk2..

I disabled all plugin's and even took external wordclock out of the loop and I'm still getting pops, clicks and stuttering audio on playback. This is not on audio files themselves. Logic seem solid but I do see the CPU meter going into max even with just about 20 tracks. Does anyone have any suggestions? for correcting this. I've tried everything I can think of. Increasing the buffer size. Lowering UA plugin CPU usage size and again this happens even when no external plugin's are being used.

System drive has 18GB of space left on it and I"m recording to an external USB drive a LaCie with ample space on it 300 Ghz at least left open, also all software Instruments reside on a seperate drive as well. I'm stumped and aggrivated LOL

Recording to a USB2 drive is never a good idea..... Minimum of FW800 and ensure ext HD is 7200RPM too.. What does the disk activity look like too? How big is the system drive itself? You should keep at least 20% free on any system drive so as you mentioned 18GB free you might well be using too much of the System Drive depending on how big it is in the first place...

Running L9.1.7 in 2GB of memory is pushing things too.. probably time to upgrade the memory to at least 4 and hopefully 6 or 8GB if you can.,..

Finally the fact your CPU is in the red means you are overtaxing the CPU somehow. When you said you disabled the plugins.. how did you achieve this?

+1 to everything Nigel said.

Quite significantly, your internal drive has a woefully inadequate amount of free space. The system itself needs to "spread out" on free disk space, using it as virtual memory. I'd say that the first thing you should do is get a backup drive and move any unneeded stuff over to it.

+1 to everything Nigel said.

Quite significantly, your internal drive has a woefully inadequate amount of free space. The system itself needs to "spread out" on free disk space, using it as virtual memory. I'd say that the first thing you should do is get a backup drive and move any unneeded stuff over to it.

+2 what Nigel sez.

8)