Question About Composing W/ Ultrabeat

So i've been making hip hop beats for about 2-3 months, and have a question I hope someone can help me out with.

I know when composing you want to keep everything in key? Don't know the exact wording but for example if my piano melody starts on C, my bass should start on C, etc.

My question is should the same be done with the drums? I find myself doing so. If my kick has the first oscillator open, and the pitch is on G1 and moves from there, ill make sure all of my drums start off on G. I know music is experimental, but with the drums am I helping myself out with this logic, or just restricting my options?

Goddam these forums are dead

You don't 'compose' with a drum sequencer. 'I' should be capitalized. You don't need your bass to start on C when your piano does. Drums are generally not pitched instruments. A kick or tom or what-have-you may start and resolve at a pitch, but there's a big bend in between. Music isn't always experimental. I don't see how changing a sample's tuning restricts any options. Getting annoyed after waiting a day for a forum response is rude. 'Damn' has an 'n'. Punctuate your sentences, please. I doubt the validity of the OP being a 'genius.'

You don't 'compose' with a drum sequencer. 'I' should be capitalized. You don't need your bass to start on C when your piano does. Drums are generally not pitched instruments. A kick or tom or what-have-you may start and resolve at a pitch, but there's a big bend in between. Music isn't always experimental. I don't see how changing a sample's tuning restricts any options. Getting annoyed after waiting a day for a forum response is rude. 'Damn' has an 'n'. Punctuate your sentences, please. I doubt the validity of the OP being a 'genius.'

This fuckin clown. Don't get all butthurt bro. All of my 'I's are capitalized where they should be, thanks for looking out though lol troll

I'm new at this. Asking questions, no matter how dumb they may sound, is how I'll learn and get better, so you "not seeing how changing a sample's tuning restricts any options" might be common sense for you, but i'm still grasping everything and just trying to learn as much as I can

My comment about the forums was not being rude, it was being honest. Rudeness is more like you devaluing my questions like i'm a moron for asking or wording things the way I did, despite my inexperience.

These forums are dead man, i don't know if its just that there aren't enough active members or what but this isn't a comment you can argue. Every section I go into there are very very few threads with active ongoing discussion. Its not like I asked the worlds most difficult question either. Maybe i'm just used to the luxury of the internet and how fast finding answers generally can be, but whatever. Unfortunately, most producer forums seem to be pretty inactive for whatever reasons. Kind of sucks

Maybe i'm not a genius technically speaking but my name sure sounds fuckin cool huh

Maybe i'm not a genius technically speaking but my name sure sounds fuckin cool huh

Of course it does. Really, very much so. Absolutely.

Damn bro that was so clever of you. I just laughed for like a good 10 minutes, s#!+. Jackdumbass HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........

Wow, you're so awesome, you must be the king of everything or on something or both. You immediately saw my clever joke, so you must indeed be the genius you say you are. I bow humbly to you, oh my lord.

Wow, you're so awesome, you must be the king of everything or on something or both. You immediately saw my clever joke, so you must indeed be the genius you say you are. I bow humbly to you, oh my lord.

Your this unimaginative when it comes to trolling, hopefully your music is a little more creative my friend

My comment about the forums was not being rude, it was being honest. Rudeness is more like you devaluing my questions like i'm a moron for asking or wording things the way I did, despite my inexperience

You do realize that responding to threads requires forum users' valuable time, and that they're more likely to respond to an intellectually intriguing thread foremost before responding to more 'n00b'-esque questions?

Getting an answer within a day is quite prompt, in actuality. It's not World of Warcraft forums-level response time- but this is a forum run by a brilliant Apple-certified moderator, not one owned by a company with millions of subscribers.

Regardless, I'll drop the ad hominem, genius.

I did not realize that, I thought maybe some of the more knowledgeable producers would browse through here now and again to see if they could lend a helping hand. If optimism was my mistake so be it. But if thats you trying to tell me these forums are busy, I guess it depends on your definition of busy because that doesn't change my standpoint. I've browsed the entire forum, not just this section.

A day is prompt agreed. But again, i'm spoiled by the internet. Most things I can manage to find a quick answer to, and tbh, when I was DJing I saw more activity on forums where the main topics involved asking for feedback on hour long sets. I'm not just new to producing, but new to the cyber networking of production and admittedly I thought the forums I visited would be as generally active as the DJ ones but thus far I have to say I was definitely wrong about that

Yes its ok to put the drums out of the key, at least i won't mind, i'm not sure about 'the others'.

I don't understand your last sentence :?: regardless i don't think this is the place for philosophical treatises on -pride-.

Sincerely Tshh.

Nope .... Undead

Vampires.

Patience, thoughtful patience. Think of a Vampire playing Chopin.... in the parlour... just before dining....

Tho when you are as cold as death, it takes a while to warm up the fingers....

Anyway we've Read the Manual. Read David's Book. Read Jay Asher's book. Visited MacProVideo. Read all of David's, Fader8's, Eric Bradley's, Jordito's, Ski's (and other very worthwhile) posts and suggestions. Clicked all kinds of stuff on Youtube. Played around with a gabillion presets and "tweaks"....

You need to be around for a couple o' hundred years to digest the info and put it to practical use.

K I am off to the parlour....