Copy automation from different track and parameter? [SOLVED]

alexfsu

1. Select the automation from track 1 and copy it (Command+C).

2. Select track 2 and Paste (Command+V).

3. With the track 2 automation still selected, hold the Command key and click on the Automation Menu of track 2 and select the desired automation type.

Click Convert from the pop-up that appears.

Edited by redlogic

You need to read redlogic's instructions more carefully! (everything you need is in there)

When I paste the automation, it pastes for the same parameter, not the automation I have selected.

Hence step #3.

Also, where is the Automation Menu with a "convert" button?

Nowhere in the automation menu. But when you follow step #3 you'll see an alert pop up with that convert button.

So basically step #3 will convert your automation data from one parameter to another.

• 2 years later...
1. Select the automation from track 1 and copy it (Command+C).

2. Select track 2 and Paste (Command+V).

3. With the track 2 automation still selected, hold the Command key and click on the Automation Menu of track 2 and select the desired automation type.

Click Convert from the pop-up that appears.

I think this is the third time you've saved me from a rage induced aneurysm. Apparently it only takes me a week or two to forget that precise and very unintuitive series of steps. The manual is all "just copy and past, man..." No mention of a menu or holding down he command key. Anyway thank you for your efforts.

• 8 years later...

I recently helped debug someone that had similar trouble with this.  The problem was that he was not CONTINUING to hold down the command key from steps 2 into and PAST step 3.  

When pasting with command-V, DON’T RELEASE THE COMMAND KEY UNTIL YOU SEE THE POP UP MENU.  

Press and release the V key to paste your data, then, while CONTINUING to hold down the command key, select your target automation parameter, then the menu pops up, and THEN you can release the command key.