New monitors

Hello World,

It's time for me get net nearfields, my old Spirit Absolute 4P's are acting weird, right monitor is outputting some kind of rumble when playing kicks for example. They worked over +10 years without problems!. So, i haven't really followed what's happening with monitors, and here in Finland there are not many places where i can really test out models ( well there is, but i need to find out what brands they've in demo rooms - if they have one), i have no clue how would i even do that. I guess best way would be playing something familiar which i've spent time with and mixed.

Anyway, are you guys still betting on your money on Adams, JBL LSR's, Quested .. ? :). Those are the brands i remember :lol:. My budget is around 1.5k€ for a pair. Oh, Genelec is from Finland, i know, but somehow i don't fancy getting them :D.

If you double your budget you can have the Event Opal monitors. Helpful, right? ;-)

At EUR €1,500 or less for a pair, a good option is JBL 4328P. Another option is Dynaudio BM6A MkII, but I'd go for the JBLs if you're not a big fan of the Genelec sound.

Thanks man!. I was actually looking at these ones, but a bit skeptic about this room compensation eq thingie :lol:. Although, you can always turn it off.