Hip-Hop Instrumental

KQDAVIS

Hey guys,

Let me start by saying I've had Logic 9 for almost 1 year now, and I must say I love the software. It is the first DAW I have ever purchased. Needless to say I'm a noob as far as mixing/mastering/dynamics.

I would love to get all the feedback possible from anyone on my progression. Be as brutally honest as you want I can take it. Just let me know what you think, where I need to improve, and how I can get there, especially in the mixing/mastering phase.

We are all here to get better right?

Thanks for all your help, and here is the link:

http://soundcloud.com/boomer1-1

• 2 weeks later...
I really think you're on the right track man! Your instrumentals are great. The one creative thing I would suggest is working extra on your transitions. For me that's what makes or breaks a track. But for just a year of having Logic it sounds great! Let me know if you need vocals for a hook or something. :D

• 2 weeks later...

@bouncer, I definitely agree. Bass has given me a lot of trouble over the past year. Sometimes I feel like I have everything mixed right, eqd perfectly, and then when I put it on other speakers my beat sounds like crap. Is there any way to get a consistant quality punch/bass without making it overpowering? These are rap beats so I really want you to feel that kick, however I do agree that it is too much in the majority of my tracks.

@jmastawoods thanks man I appreciate it. I may actually need some work. I'm doing an ep with an artist from my hometown over xmas break. Hit me up kqdavis@ncsu.edu