How can I make a phaser 100% "manual"?

In over words: How can I have full control over how and when the phaser "fluctuates"?

I notice that for many sounds, the phaser makes the sound sound good at a certain "peak" but then it goes away gain, coming and going depending on the speed I set the phaser.

however, I don't want an automated oscillating(?) phaser, I would like to have full control over it and be able to keep it at a certain level as I please. Since I don't know how else to get the desired effects that the phaser gives at certain points of it's sinus(?)

I already know I can make the level of the phaser what I want using the automation feature, but this does just that, the levels, I need the actual "values" for the phaser.

I can imagine that a very similar way to the automation (maybe even actually with the automation feature) should be possible to control a phaser-like effect. How can I do this?

Thanks very much in advance for the feedback,

Wilco

It really depends on the plugin. Some phasers do indeed have a 'freeze' button to stop the LFO at any point; Logics' Phaser does not have that, but you can set the LFO's to 0 Hz (off). Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but could be interesting to experiment with setting one LFO to 0 and fluctuating the other AND automating the mix between the two?

The phasers within the Pedalboard plugin cannot be stopped, their LFO's don't go to 0, and they don't have a freeze function.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicstudio/effects/index.html#chapter=9%26section=6%26hash=apple_ref:doc:uid:TempBookID-ReplacedWhenAssociatingWithMessierRevision-MOD-1007927

Hoop dat je hier wat aan hebt,

groet, Erik.

do your own, it's very simple, you can use reaktor for example, so youy'll have total control of all you need, if you own reaktor i can give you mine but you need latest version, crack is not availbe so you must own it legit.

look here even if it's for reaktor you can use the same structure with any other program http://www.nireaktor.com/reaktor-tutorials/building-effects-part-i-flangers-and-phasers-in-reaktor/

In over words: How can I have full control over how and when the phaser "fluctuates"?

I notice that for many sounds, the phaser makes the sound sound good at a certain "peak" but then it goes away gain, coming and going depending on the speed I set the phaser.

however, I don't want an automated oscillating(?) phaser, I would like to have full control over it and be able to keep it at a certain level as I please.

Ah, the stuck phaser trick.

It is possible with Logic's phaser.

Use the Ceiling/Floor control. Bringing the 2 points together will stop any LFO oscillation and leave the phaser where you like.

To adjust your frequency it helps to click above the fader's white knobs and pull down

or click below the knobs to pull up.