Pressing Record Causes Sound and Mute

shortstop

Purchased a new Privia PX 350 digital piano which i connected to my iMAC via USB a/b cable. Created new track for this external device -Logic shows GM midi device on track strip. I select the external midi track ; the record, mute, or solo buttons are not selected on track strip(good) - then if i hit the R key on my keyboard the Record button lights, a note is sounded(C#1) without me touching the piano - then LP9 records normally - the first sound which is NOT played by me is NOT recorded. Then If i select the record enable button prior to hitting the R key on my keyboard - that same unplayed note sounds(C#1), the mute button lights - then recording goes on as normal. However, when using this new KB to control Logic instruments there are no problems. How do i stop that unplayed note from sounding, also how do i prevent the mute engaging automatically when i try to record? Thank you.

539080349_Screenshot2012-11-22at5_27_36PM.png.e6f218d464b11857fd319a042e3d8104.png

More info on this problem:

If i solo another Logic instrument on playback the External instrument does NOT mute - keeps sounding even though it is NOT in solo mode. If i enable solo button on Ext Instrument - there is no effect - all instrument sound.

Have i loaded the ext keyboard incorrectly?

thanks