Direction mixer - Mid/Side broken?

JT3_Jon

Hello,

I'm trying to setup some mid/side processing (I want to EQ the middle of a signal without affecting the sides) and I found this nice diagram online: http://en.wikiaudio.org/Logic:MS_(mid-side)_stereo_track_configuration

However, after setting the up exactly as shown, instead of it summing back into stereo at the end, I'm only hearing the left channel!Can someone confirm that following the above actually works? Thanks.

p.s. I'm open for suggestions on how best to turn plugins that dont have mid/side capability into mid/side processors.

Yeah, that is a FAB plugin ;) but its a little out of my price range right now. I was hoping for an easy way to make it so any plugin function on mid or side without complex routing, but I guess thats not possible.

but in any case - is this a bug in the direction mixer that its not summing in stereo, or is the diagram I linked to simply wrong?

Flux: Epure II facilitates it I believe through an Input Routing/Group Matrix feature... a little pricy but a nice EQ overall...

This panel gathers an input routing which allows to route any input to any internal EQ channel. This routing is followed by an optional MS encoding section. Then the Group Matrix allows to associate internal EQ channels in a specific group to enable common settings for many channels (Front/ Surround...). Once equalized, every pair of audio can be MS decoded. At last the output routing allows to route any internal channel to any output...