Logic automatic naming of new tracks maddening..

tsunchoo

Often when i'm recording drums I'll add new tracks as I go instead of using the 'take' feature which although I understand it find confusing and messy.

When I create tracks like this Logic uses the last name a track was called - why it shouldn't be a 'new' track with a blank name i don't know but as the audio file is create from the name of the track i end up with a lot of misnamed tracks.

I don't want to rename the tracks as I go because I'm playing drums and doing this stretched out with one finger - is there a way of changing this behaviour and why is it Logical to rename a new track with the name of an old track?

I know this does not answer your questions. Since I do not know the answers may I offer you a suggestion, rename just the first track of your drums to something descriptive like, "Song Name" drum track. Then when Logic renames the next track after this track, it won't be so badly misnamed. Just a suggestion....