CoreAudio/Midi Problem

Samueloscar

Logic occasionally gets stuck on the Loading Midi Drivers screen. I'm using CoreAudio, and to the best of my knowledge I have the most current driver for it. I'm not quite sure what it is, everyone says update your CoreAudio driver, but it is updated. Someone also mentioned I need to delete the Pro Tools part of it in some folder, but I use Pro Tools as well so this is not an option.

You have a Digi002 driver also installed no doubt ( according to your sig) and that alone could explain the problems you occasionally see, as DD's drivers for OS X are notoriously unstable..... Add to that M-Audio stuff.... and you have quite the combination...

Given you need PT.. then there is little you can do except hope that DD provide a most stable driver in the near future.. but based on past events, I wouldn't hold my breath...

So, given all that.. as a practical bit of advice.. you could test by removing the DD and M-Audio drivers completely from your system to see if that improves things.. (and then add them back later..after testing Logic out.. ) and if it does then you know the root cause of your issues..

One thing a friend of mine did was create two Partitions, both with OS X.(You could do this with your system drive or use an ext FW800 drive for the second bootable OS drive) He installed Logic on one.. and installed PT with the DD drivers on the other and simply booted up to each one when he needed Logic or PT. This would then keep everything separate...and your PT setup wouldn't conflict with Logic and vice versa..

Edited by n6smith