Logic9 project suddenly in "MIDI Mono-like" mode [SOLVED]

charliem22

Hi --

I've got an orchestral project in Logiic9 that was working fine and then suddenly somehow switched into a mode in which it will no longer play violin double stops, instead playing whichever note happens to be a couple of ticks early (I've played all the parts in, so there is always a "winner" for every double (or triple) stop. The PianoRoll window shows that all the MIDI notes in the double/triple stop were, in fact recorded, I can import the tracks into another project and they appear to play OK, and I sent the file to a Logic8 user who opened the file and found it played fine. Can anyone suggest how I appear to have set my Project in some kind of ersatz MIDI MONO mode? I tried sending a Reset Controllers (121) message, but that didn't do anything.

Thanks in advance --

charlie

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

Are you using the EXS24? Or some other instrument? The EXS24 can indeed made monophonic by clicking a button. It also has a voices field that could be used for the same thing if the number of voices is set to "1"

J.

Hi --

Sorry -- this is my first post and I forgot to post my specifics because this problem has me stumped...

Mac laptop, OS 10.7.5

Logic 9.1.8

GPO4 -- so I'm using Aria rather than the ESX24.

(I will attach this info to my signature as well)

A point I should have added -- and it may be coincidental (temporality vs causality) but this occurred around the time I used the Transform function for the first time to remove a bunch of spurious Mod Wheel data from the timpani track beck GPO4 controls timpani volume with velocity rather than MW.

Thanks --

charlie

Mac laptop, OS 10.7.5

Logic 9.1.8

Please add this and other usefull info to your signature here.

A point I should have added -- and it may be coincidental (temporality vs causality) but this occurred around the time I used the Transform function for the first time to remove a bunch of spurious Mod Wheel data from the timpani track beck GPO4 controls timpani volume with velocity rather than MW.

I don't see how deleting MW data from a timpani track affect the polyphony of the violin...the modwheel is used for dynamics in GPO4.

Have you checked if you've enabled auto-legato for the violin by mistake?

J.

Yes it is...and I created the appropriate "bracketed Control#102 ON and OFF" MIDI events in the Event list for each time that the violins play DS.

Did you set the issue's status to SOLVED? I would have been happy to do that since it was solved once I'd read your email. That's a very helpful status parameter and not one I've seen on the Sibelius Forum.

Thanks again --

charlie

Yes it is...and I created the appropriate "bracketed Control#102 ON and OFF" MIDI events in the Event list for each time that the violins play DS.

Way to go.

Did you set the issue's status to SOLVED? I would have been happy to do that since it was solved once I'd read your email. That's a very helpful status parameter and not one I've seen on the Sibelius Forum.

Yes, I did set the status to "solved"....manually :wink:

Thanks again

You're welcome!

J.