selecting audio bug? [updated with pics]

mmb

Hi

When im dealing with audio, and i zoom in verrry close (as close as you can zoom) and i use the marquee tool to select say the very beginning of a waveform, the waveform suddenly disappears, until i zoom out.

Its a visual thing, the actual audio isnt affected.

Not sure if this is a known bug, or some "feature"?? Theres no way i can be the first to notice :roll:

Anyways any help or input :?:

Edited by mmb

It's definitely not a "feature". :lol:

Just a little graphics bug.

Lol yes i figured that but "just a little graphics bug." :shock: :shock: :shock:

What am i supposed to do? Does Logic know about it? I seriously cant make an accurate audio selection

Being kind of needy right now but this sucks

Actually, no I wasn't.

I just assumed it fell into the "graphic anomaly" camp.

The one that affects me, is when I try to change an audio region start or end with the Pointer Tool while holding Shift+Control when zoomed all the way in. The region start/end flies away out of sight and I have to zoom out to find it. It doesn't happen all the time though.

The one that affects me, is when I try to change an audio region start or end with the Pointer Tool while holding Shift+Control when zoomed all the way in. The region start/end flies away out of sight and I have to zoom out to find it. It doesn't happen all the time though.

That one's a classic...I think I get it all the time here.

J.

• 2 months later...

OK im here to update and with pictures.. If i could video record it somehow i would but dont have time right now. A video would show the problem much more clearly, though these pictures should suffice.

A quick rundown of problem:

Start with audio file.

Make a rough selection all the way zoomed out

Zoom in.. keep zooming.. keep zooming.. Not all the way but about 3/4 out of the max you can zoom, and all the sudden, the selection just starts going crazy (or at least looks like it does). Try and move the selection now, and it keeps going crazy. Its not possible to be past this "zoom in increment of doom" and make an accurate selection

Ok this is almost all the way zoomed in, but not quite:

A1.png.50543dedbcf0ed731466c3c4232ca0b9.png

Now this is after one "zoom in increment" or whatever you want to call it:

A2(smallZoomIn).png.b9a0b91bee9834389cf1ace1e0de0c87.png

Second example is same situation, almost zoomed all the way in, but not quite:

B1.png.cabd0a0eb0bad4bb1b50f18ef14574cd.png

And this is after one "scroll increment" to the right i think. (Right or left it doesnt matter, still a problem):

B2(smallScroll).png.1d31213d9af5bbeffc1868785c6d807e.png

As you can (hopefully) see, the smallest zoom/scroll increments are causing the selection to visually move somewhere else or transform into something else. However, when i zoom back out far enough, the selection looks normal again. You might see these pictures and think nothings wrong but i promise if you saw a video of it you'd be going :shock: The point im trying to make is, after i zoom past the "zoom increment of doom", what i start seeing is not visually accurate at all.

Any ideas?

These two pictures show me being zoomed in all the way, and then scrolling just enough to the right so that you cant see the beginning of the wav, and then scrolling back to the left to where the beginnings of the wav are again (you get all that?)

Before scroll:

C1.png.b5f5c3c9d1840cd85466e8490b0075ec.png

After scroll:

C2(smallScrollChangedPos).png.02f7872a7f3603ce0460e77358b5f69b.png

As you can see, after the scroll, one of the waves was "visually" nudged. However, when i zoom back out, and then zoom in, they're both aligned perfectly again. And no i did not drag either region, all i did was scroll.