Create/Select Arrange Track makes Duplicate Aux in Mixer

lowski

Hi guys. I have 22 Aux channels in my mixer. I want to do Automation on some. So I Create/Select Arrange Track. But now I have a double of the same channel in the mixer, like an alias. My mixer is cluttered enough with all the Aux I have I can't handle doubles being made when I want to create a track for it in the Arrange. Is there anyway to stop Logic from doing this?.

I've found if I uncheck Mixer View>Add Signal Flow Channel Strips, I only see the Aux channels that I have created tracks for in the Arrange. and not doubles. The problem with that is I need to create tracks for all my Aux channels to get them to all appear, which clutters up my Arrange window..So is there a work around or something I haven't learned about yet? Would appreciate the help. Thanks

Can you provide a screenshot? I'm not getting any 'doubles'. The aux moves to the left in the mixer, as it is now 'promoted' to being a track, but that's all... so I just wonder if what you're seeing is perhaps a graphical glitch.

If you get a double, then Save and quit and reopen the project, is it still there? And if it is, how does it behave? Does it mirror everything you do on either strip?

Also, making good use of the view buttons, perhaps combined with using screensets, you can navigate around/through/over/under/beyond the clutter quite effectively.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=27%26section=16%26tasks=true

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=4%26section=13%26tasks=true

Sorry, I'm having trouble resizing the image and still make it readable

I also uploaded the image.. might be easier to view on your desktop

http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/55592006/file.html

As you see in the picture I have created arrange tracks for the Lead (Bus 12), MUSIC/EQ ( Bus 13) and Master (Bus 22) and now there is doubles

Edited by lowski

When I create a track for an Aux the channel moves to the left like it should but now there is a identical aux channel.. If i click on one they both highlight and if i change anything the affect is mirrored on the other channels.. I'm getting this in all my projects for a while now. I just assumed it that's the way it is...

After playing about for a bit I noticed that the Audio and Inst button are not checked in the Mixer view.. When I do click Audio or Inst then the Aux doubles disappear..That would be fine and all but my real set up is two monitors. On the right screen I have my Arrange window and on the left screen I have two Mixer windows. Top row Mixer view is for Audio and Inst. and the bottom row mixer is Aux

Like this

963529589_ScreenShot2012-12-18at11_45_42AM.thumb.png.a743e4192ed9481910e4f61a1c1d13cb.png

Is this on your Macbook or mini? Or, what I mean: is this in Snow Leopard or Lion? Or Mountain Lion?

Also: can your check the mixer layer in the environment and see if you also see those "mirrors" there? I can vaguely remember having had this issue myself, but it was some time ago and I can't remember if and/or how I solved it, but... what I would investigate next is if they are truly mirrored, so the question is: can you select one of a doubled strip individually? And if you can, can you delete it without deleting the other?

It could be project corruption, in which case it could pay to open a new empty project and Import the tracks, content and settings using the selective Track & Data & Settings import feature. I'm curious to know if the doubled strips also show up in the File Browser when using this selective T&D&S import.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=7%26section=6%26hash=apple_ref:doc:uid:TempBookID-ReplacedWhenAssociatingWithMessierRevision-43984PRO_SC_1002-SW9

ps O, I didn't see your last post & pictures. Bottom line: this shouldn't be, the mirroring is unnecessary and it is a bug. Are you running Logic 9.1.8?

It's my mini, Lion. I checked in the environment and the mirrors are not there. I can't select 1 individually. When i touch 1 both light up so I can't delete one without the other. I'm having this problems in all projects even new ones for months now. Ever since I tried to build a new template where I have 2 Mixer windows open. One for Audio and Inst channels and the other for Aux channels.. Then when I started to automate my Aux channels I noticed these doubles happening when I create a arrange track. Even on my Macbook I have this problem with all New projects

So I opened up a new project and Import settings. Now i don't see the mirrors or doubles in the import browser.. But when I Add I get the mirror channels again..

It has something to do with the Mixer view. If Aux is highlighted but not Audio and Inst , The mixer will show mirrors of any Aux that also has a track in the Arrange window..

I just tried to recreate my template. I started by making 28 Inst channels (to Stereo Out) and 22 Aux channels (to Stereo Out). Next I labeled and route all my Aux channels. Then I create tracks for the Aux channels that I'm going to need to automate. When I create that track the Aux channel moves to the left of the mixer with no mirror. When I go to route my Inst channels to the proper Busses a mirror Aux channel will appear in the Mixer for any Aux that also has a track in the Arrange.. Like once a Inst is routed to that Aux a mirror will appear.. But if nothing is routed to it then no mirror

Now other thing I notice is for the Aux channel with mirrors. If I move the Aux track in the arrange window to a position higher then the Inst/Audio routed to it then the mirror disappears. So if Inst 1 is routed to Bus 1 then Bus 1 need to sit above Inst 1 in the Arrange window otherwise there will be a mirror.. Not sure why this is..