Setting record delay?

Vid_Wegner

Does anyone know what the ratio of samples to microseconds is in logic when setting the record delay in audio preferences?

If not, could anyone throw me a number they use so that the very beginning of an incoming sound doesn't get snipped if I want to punch in and am snapped to a 1 on the click track?

Well, I see that I shouldn't have to worry about actual information delays, it's recording it where I tell it to and for all intensive purposes, when it is actually happening, otherwise that would be a direct latency issue.

When I want to do a punch in for a particular note, I have noticed that the humans I'm working with tend to jump the gun a little bit and I will lose the first rise/attack of the incoming audio. It makes it sound as if it's just popping on out of nowhere; it's very unnatural. What I've been doing is setting the playhead to maybe an 1/8 or a 1/16 note ahead of where I actually want the punch, so that I capture that tiny little bit before.

I guess I'm more looking for a way to just have logic capture a couple of milliseconds before hand so I don't have to fuss with it.