best time and pitch? [SOLVED]

strikingtwice

How high quality are the algorithms in Logic 9 for time stretching? I've had mixed results, and I know that it is heavily contingent on the sample being used. Is there a better time and pitch option? I don't want to purchase radius (too expensive and also 32 bit only, izotope has no plans of 64 from the email response that I got). I know the IRCAM stuff is the shiz, but I wanted to avoid having to sample, playback, and then bounce the audio if there was something built right in. I also occasionally use kontakt 4 to do the resample trick, and the time stretch seems good in that, I just don't want to do the extra steps if unnecessary.

Also, my boy told me that there were going to be all new algorithms in logic X because his friend is an Apple beta tester and said that. (This is of course a joke).

Thanks everyone!

Option-drag is a shortcut for the Time and Pitch algorithm you have selected under the Audio > TimeStretching Algorithm menu. Flex has more recent, generally better quality algorithms. It depends on the material though, so try both and see for yourself which one gives you the best results.

You can read a description of the different Flex algos there: Getting to Know the Flex Modes.