{help} "[Plug-in] unavailable"

bobsbarricades

So I got a deal on Logic 9 (60$ go craigslist!) and am going though opening up projects I'd done in Logic 8. So far this is the first (and biggest) problem I've run into. I used Guitar Rig 5 for a lot of my guitar sounds - I had GR4 AND 5 installed at the same time but always selected GR5 when using it; upgrading from 4 to 5 didn't overwrite or anything just plopped the newer one in as well.

So now I get "Guitar Rig 5 plug-in unavailable" when I load projects that use it...which sucks. I'm going to reinstall Logic 8 (can I have them both installed at the same time?) in a couple weeks just to see if that'll change anything. To be honest I am really enjoying the Amp Sim that Logic 9 uses probably more than GR5...just a big pain to start over like that. Maybe a blessing in disguise yea?

Anyway - ideas on fixing this?

Did you run Logic in both 32 and then 64bit mode to properly validate both versions of GR5 (32 and 64bit versions)

I ask because I would assume your older projects used the 32bit version of GR5 and if you haven't run Logic in 32bit mode yet then the 32bit version of GR5 won't have been properly validated

+1 @ J....

Yes... it is and I've been through the same long standing issue several times, with Kontakt but the latest version of Kontakt (5.1.0) finally solves the problem because it will allow you to load samples and combis that were 'used' by earlier versions of Kontakt in Logic...

Plug-in migration for Mac OS X Audio Units – KONTAKT automatically updates to newest version on projects created with older versions of the software

Full update notes can be found here.....

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=91288&p=475142&hilit=kontakt#p473841

Unfortunately they haven't issued a similar fix for GR5..... yet.