Master Buss and stereo out meters showing different levels

metrobot

Hello

I have all my track outputs going to a master buss and the output of the master buss sent to the stereo out.

Both the master buss and the stereo out faders are set at 0 but the meters on the master buss are running 2-3 db hotter than the meters on the stereo out. Anyone know why this is? Shouldn't they be showing the same output?

The master buss has a send sent post fader to a mono output but there's no processing on it.

Cheers and kind regards

-M

Yup, sure sounds like that send on the masterbus is adding extra level to your Stereo out. Regardless of the lack of processing or it's pre or post fader status, if the send is on, it's another audio signal in the path and it may well be the culprit.

Check for an aux that is receiving the bus line from your masterbus' send. If the aux is set to Stereo Out, there's your problem.

If this is what's happening, then your choices are, re-route the aux's output or turn down the send.

The send is going to the avtn buss which was being sent to Avatone output 3-4

I swiched the avtn buss and Avatone output to so it's just output 3 as it should have been and the problem seems to have been fixed. Though I don't see how as the send and the outputs are not going to the stereo outs.

Cheers.

-M

1199530750_Screenshot2013-01-13at21_36.21(2).thumb.png.bdbb193bcbbcc505a66cb97bb4cc3944.png

The Avantone Aux is not going to my stereo out...so I can't seem to see why there would have been a difference in levels.

I agree with you, the bus 31 is not involved, unless the Avatones outputs (I have no idea what kind of thing it is, a compressor? Exiter? Enhancer? Tube amp?) are being fed back into Logic somewhere outside this screenshot...

But the whole thing is moot now anyway, since the issue seems to have cleared up...