Volume pedal controlling Exp and VelX VEP5

sabu22

In the past I have used the modulation wheel to control the Expression and Velocity crossfade in Logic 9.1.8 with Vienna Ensemble Pro Server 64 bit.

I just purchased a volume pedal (M-Audio) to control both expression and velX in Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.1.11947 and love it (it leaves my left hand free to play). It works great in Vienna Ensemble Pro stand alone.

However when I use the volume pedal while in Logic; Vienna does not see the Volume pedal - Logic does see it and uses the volume pedal to control the channel strip.

I can disable the Volume pedal in Logic (Enviroment window-perhaps not proper settings?) but, Vienna still does not see the Volume pedal (right click on mouse-move volume pedal).

How can the volume pedal control Vienna Ensemble Pro Server in Logic?

Thank you for any response,

Eloy

However when I use the volume pedal while in Logic; Vienna does not see the Volume pedal - Logic does see it and uses the volume pedal to control the channel strip.

Logic's channel strip faders respond to and hijack incoming CC7 messages. This is not configurable.

What you can do is transform the data to some other CC using a transformer in the environment, or assign the pedal to the Vienna parameter you want to control using Logic's MIDI Learn mode (Command+L)...I don't use the Vienna software but if it's available as a plug-in in Logic I'm assuming you can use Logic's MIDI Learn mode with it.

J.