Sampling - Remove Frequencies?

Hello. I am looking to sample some songs to create loops for a remix on Logic Pro 9. For example, I intend to separate out the alto sax line from a song, but my new song has different harmonies. Can I delete all sounds below a certain frequency? Can I delete all sounds above a certain frequency? Can I subtract a part of the song (which is the same as the part with sax, except without the sax) from the part with sax to leave sax only?

Can I delete all sounds below a certain frequency?

No, but a high-pass filter will remove them at a slope from its cutoff frequency.

Can I delete all sounds above a certain frequency?

No, but a low-pass filter will remove them at a slope from its cutoff frequency.

Can I subtract a part of the song (which is the same as the part with sax, except without the sax) from the part with sax to leave sax only?

If the two parts are exactly the same (E.G., no differences thanks to mixing, mastering or arranging) save for one of them having a sax part, putting the second sax-less recording in inverted phase and on top of the sax will cancel out everything but the sax. However, I'm skeptical that both parts of the song are going to be sample by sample exactly the same.