No Playback Sound with Mbox 2 in Logic Pro 9

johnmonte

Hello,

Hope someone can help. I'm using my mbox 2 with Logic Pro 9. I can record from the mbox fine (and hear the guitar) but not getting any playback sound from my head phones connected to the mbox. No playback when I hit play. I went into preferences and the input and output says mbox 2. The only thing I can hear when I hit play is a click like a click track? It's in sync with the time numbers at top. Please let me know and thank you for your time.

John

Open an empty project factory template. Create a single track of any kind. Open the loop browser. Click a category then in the search results, click a loop.

1) Do you see the loop icon turn into a speaker?

2) Do you see level on the Stereo Out channel strip meter (right channel strip in the Inspector)?

3) Do you ... hear anything?

Hi David, Sorry I dont know where the loop browser is. New to this been using PT. I can hear a playback with the computer speakers and did get some sound from the mbox but it was coming out very distorted and then the mbox lights went dim. Might be an issue with the mbox. I was using it earlier with PT and no problem. I took the mbox usb out and put it back in and it wont fully go on. Lights are dim. Wondering if its the mbox??

Thank you David. I restarted the computer again and the mbox lit up. The play back was fine. I stopped the play and hit play again and perfect. Then I noticed the "r" for record was not there . I went into preferences and the input was not to mbox. I clicked mbox and the mbox went dim and no sound.

Any suggestions on another interface? How is the Apogee 1? Is there anything out there thats cheaper than the $250. apogee? I will give the mbox another try tomorrow but not very trust worthy when recording.

Thank you for your time.

Hi David,

Thanks for your help. I will reinstall the driver. Tried it again this morning and hooked up the Mbox before I started the computer and was fine. Last night it was good until I added a reverb and the sound was very distorted. See what happens.

I just bought your book and looking forward to reading it.

John

• 3 months later...

I know this is probably a dead thread, but I have to mention this. In regards to the sound distortion, are you using an apple product? The Mbox apparently is not compatible with USB 3.0, and my mac only has 3.0 ports. I had to connect my Mbox to a powered usb dock that was 2.0, and then connect the dock to the mac. This makes the Mbox and mac compatible and eliminated the distortion that occurred after about a minute of recording.

Hope that helps, whether it is yourself or someone else who comes across this thread like i did.

• 1 year later...

Hi David,

Still there? I'm having the same problem as the original thread, and tried what you suggested, but no luck.

"Open an empty project factory template. Create a single track of any kind. Open the loop browser. Click a category then in the search results, click a loop.

1) Do you see the loop icon turn into a speaker?

2) Do you see level on the Stereo Out channel strip meter (right channel strip in the Inspector)?

3) Do you ... hear anything?"

I don't hear any sound, even within the devices tab showing Digidesign Mbox 2 as output. Help!

This thread has now 18 posts and you have no signature. The first thing I need to know is what are your specs. Please fill your signature. That way I don't need to read all the posts just to know that you're using the USB 2.0 Mbox2, not the firewire MBox2 Pro.

At this stage you would need to try your USB 2.0 MBox2 on another MAC. You'll be fixed once and for all. Or, you can get a used USB or Firewire MBox for almost nothing on the bay and send it back if the problem persist.

Good luck!