A tasty groove?

Jeremy Alexander

Ok...dig this here's a little medley for ya'll, I can't help but listen to it....over and over. Definitely a late night track. Enjoy this track completely done in...you guessed it...LOGIC baby! I don't know what else to add or takeaway and am kind of at a hault with the track...how about some feedback?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5177770&q=hi

cool :) Pull back the delay feedback on the piano a bit and let it sit back in the mix a bit more.

I think I'd go for more organic/less electronic snare/drum beat. And creep in some percussion a bit earlier. Also...write a bridge/transition/break chord progression to give it some more movement and harmonic development. You can get that big downbeat feel that will drive it more with a lower frequency sound to add power without the 'dance beat' (unless that's what you're really going for...)

I think what I liked about it was the 'late night' feel at the beginning..but when the 'big groove' came in, it just felt out of place a bit. Slow it down about 10 bpm as well to keep that 'darker' feel.

Me like me like!! :wink:

How did you record/program all the tiny percussion noises at the beginning? It sounds like an African Rain stick!

What I would do with the track (doesn't mean you have to do it!) is include a lead section, maybe around 2:30. Some kind of sound that has a nice melody or simply a groovy riff that can be looped or evolved. That could give you a motif to lengthen the track. Right now you have a very nice "bed", but I feel like you could have a solo instrument on top, or even some kind of vocal?

try...the nature sounds that came with Garageband! haha! that one's called "Camp Fire" you can hear if you listen closely, also i layered it with a sample of myself snapping & clicking from the FIRST Logic song I ever did...I just thought it was so cool I had to bring it back! Thanks for the feedback, this should be interesting!