Separate beat and vocals

mrk_webber

• 1 month later...

sorry to rebump this thread.

i still dont understand how i can maintain the kick and bass in the mono track for this.

i can eliminate the mono track but the audio sounds so thin.

i tried the EQ trick that david posted. but unless i'm understanding it incorrectly its not working

i still dont understand how i can maintain the kick and bass in the mono track for this.

By filtering the kick and bass out of one of the two channel strips you're summing, as stated earlier:

If you filter out the Bass and Kick from the out of phase signal, you'll avoid cancelling those.

i can eliminate the mono track

Not sure what that means.

i tried the EQ trick that david posted. but unless i'm understanding it incorrectly its not working

If you can detail exactly ALL the steps you've taken and what results you've had, I can maybe spot the problem?

• 1 month later...

Hi David,

Just two questions for removing the vocals. When you insert the Gain plug-in, do you choose a stereo or mono version of the gain plugin?

And also if I wish to isolate the vocals and remove as much of the beat do you just change how you setup the channels?

You said for removing the vocals you take the one channel and choose Left only, and then on the other channel you choose Right only. So now if I want to try isolate the vocals as much as possible I take the Left Only channel and now change it to Right Only, and I do the same with the other chanel I change Right only to Left only.

Is this what you're saying?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys n girls

I know this is quite an old thread now but im still struggling to get this right

David ive followed ur instructions to the tee (i promise!) but i get to the point where now both channels are cancelling each other out, as soon as i start to eq (on the opposite mono chanel to the one with the gain on) all i get is all the sigal coimg through agin.

Ive just tried this Amy Winehouse's B2Bin case the tune i was using was the prob.... still no results :(

HELP!! (please)

jozif

• 2 weeks later...