Salt Crystal Vietnam

Mcdeadcat

This is a song about the long term storage of nuclear waste in a large geologically stable salt crystal 1km under New Mexico. A chamber is cut and as the buried containers heat up, it causes the huge salt crystal to creep until the waste is totally encased and hopefully kept safe for a few million years minimum.

The slap bass was played by the software engineer whose database oversees the whole safety process step by step. I only found this out after he added bass to an instrumental track of mine. His day job was the inspiration for the subsequently added lyrics and re-arrangement.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

I'd be grateful for any feedback. I have LPX but this was an LP9 production.

Hi! Thanks for that thought.

You're welcome.

It was in my consciousness also that it is a little busy in places and could be pared back, which would help the vocals too?

I don't think the music is too busy. Maybe try a little more compression on the vocals and/or simply raise the level of the vocals a tad to make them stand out a little more.

They're interesting lyrics. I would showcase them.

Wow I really hear Peter Gabriel! Is it just me? Not just the voice, but also the slap bass, the arrangements, the songwriting... and yes, the voice too!

And I agree the voice has to come up a bit more. It's getting buried, encased in salt crystals when it need to pierce through and breathe!! :lol:

Love the arrangement. Brings me back to my youth.