Song Starts at Bar Negative 1 ??

Ace Baker

I've been adding a lot of automation to this mix, and somewhere along the way the start time changes to -1 1 1 1. As in negative bar one. It now seems that automation data moved earlier, while the objects stayed put.

It happened last night, so I reverted back to an earlier version, and now it's just happened again.

Any ideas what causes this, and what I might do to fix it? I'm going to try dragging all the objects without moving the automation, but I don't know if that's a good idea.

No, I don't believe I tried to play before bar 1. I've mostly been editing, comping, mixing this one for the last 2 days. I did import 3 audio files and dropped them all in at bar 1.

I was able to move all the automation later by 2 bars, which has kept me working. So far so good, but the song still begins at -1 1 1 1.

Yes, OK, trimmed start time back to 0 0 0 0. I managed to finish the mix without any major bugs.

I see what I did now. I started recording an audio track before zero. I had hidden the track, and forgot about it. It's the client's fault, because they didn't want my BRILLIANT djembe playing, LOL.

Thanks for the help, as always.