LPX: Holding Shift to snap regions when dragging not working?

Music Dude

In previous versions of Logic I usually held down Shift when I moved a region to another track and it "snapped" to the position it was moved from. In LPX the behaviour is haphazard at best. Sometimes the region snaps, sometimes it seems to snap to something else, sometimes it just ends up out of sync.

Do any of you guys know if the behaviour has changed or is it just a bug?

P.S. Muuseec's anim-avatar never fails to put a smile on my face.

:)

Unfortunately that doesn't do the trick. I guess they changed the behaviour then. :(

Even if the box is checked, shift doesn't let me move the region to it's original position anymore.

Major bummer in the workflow.

If the box is checked, Shift bypasses the function. If the box is unchecked, Shift activates it when dragging.

It works just fine with regions in the tracks area.

However, there's a bug with this function when dragging notes in the piano roll:

Shift-drag (to un-limit direction) in piano roll not working

J.

Piano Roll Action... I just tried this out. I don't know how it used to act because as I said I never used that feature. But here's what I'm seeing on LPX 10.0.1...

• Preferences for limiting dragging unchecked

• Piano Roll, grab a note and drag it up and to the right. Whoops, I really only meant to move it up (transpose up an octave, say)

• Hold SHIFT and drag the note slightly to the left; note snaps to its original position

So that seems to work. However, things get wonky when you happen to move the note back to what was its original pitch. Then holding down SHIFT doesn't seem to have a snapping effect.

But then, this is bizarre... Let's say I want to move a note up but I also dragged it to the right. As I hold SHIFT and drag the note to the left, it will jump back to its original note. And then, as described, snapping doesn't work.

What I have noticed just now in audio:

• Preferences for limiting dragging unchecked

If the audio region that I am about to move is overlapping with the previous region - when I drag+shift to a new track - sometimes the audio doesn't snap to original position, it snaps to where the previous region ends. When zoomed out it's not always obvious visually which makes it extremely unreliable. To make it worse, the behaviour changes with zoom level. It's more likely to work correctly when properly zoomed in.