battery 3 kontakt 2 and ..........multyinstrument problem...

losteve

David,

Thanks so much for that template! It totally rocks! A couple questions: In your multi instruments (soft inst.) environment, you have lots of the mulits only using channels 1-8 (9-16 are x'ed out) I also noticed these selected as inputs to your multi channel auxes. Why dont you use all 16 channels of midi. Is this because these instruments only support 8 stereo outputs in multichanel mode?

Also- You seem to have the output of something coming into a transformer and channel splitter then to the auxes. Im not sure I understand how you did this. Looks like you are trying to have controller messages seperate for each channel.... I get that but dont really understand the signal flow of all these objects.......Any clarificaion would help

Thanks again

Yes, the Kontakt 2 library I used only has 8 instruments/plug-in instance.

As for the transformer, it was something like "take all MIDI CC between 7 and 10 (to get both pan and volume) and route them to the appropriate auxes". That way moving pan or volume on a subchannel of the multi instrument results in the corrsponding Aux obj adjusting its pan/volume accordingly, and the other way around.

I see that the Auxes are cabled somewhere, what is that for?

It's for "the other way around" as David has mentioned. The Auxes are cabled back to the multi-instrument such that if you move the Aux faders the MIDI faders will follow. I'm surprised that this cabling doesn't create an infinite feedback loop, but the environment seems to employ some tricky prevention mechanism which I've noticed also with other similar configurations.