Need help...must have changed a setting or two

RolandFan

All of a sudden I can't hear playback or record to an audio track. When I hit playback, the track plays in Logic (Pro 7) but I can' t hear anything. Also, every so often I get an error message that there are problems syncing audio and midi and to check Logic and external devices for conflicts. I have my macpro connected by firewire to a Presonus Firebox. The Firebox outs go to a channel on my mixer and the mixer's Control Room Outs go to the monitors. The Outs on my keyboard go to a mixer channel and the group 1/2 out goes to the firebox line ins (3/4). I select Input 3/4 on an audio track in logic and arm the track but nothing shows in the levels when I play. So now I can't record, can't hear playback and get the sync error message. I don't know how everything got so FUBARed. Any ideas?

Have you checked that your Presonus is still the active audio driver in Logic? Go to the preferences and the audio drivers menu, and check if it's not switched back to built in driver. This can happen if you manage to turn off your audio device while running Logic, at least it has happened to me.

If that's not it, check that your Presonus is set to "internal sync". This means it doesn't recieve any sync from external devices.

Did you btw do anything special before this happened?

Have you checked that your Presonus is still the active audio driver in Logic? Go to the preferences and the audio drivers menu, and check if it's not switched back to built in driver. This can happen if you manage to turn off your audio device while running Logic, at least it has happened to me.

If that's not it, check that your Presonus is set to "internal sync". This means it doesn't recieve any sync from external devices.

Did you btw do anything special before this happened?

This was the problem. Thanks for the help. I was tearing my hair out.