Tip: In case anyone's having Logic Remote Fader problems

Peevy2000

I had a problem with the Logic Remote the other day were everything worked except the mixer faders. I tried everything eg. restart the app, uninstall-reinstall, restart Logic etc.

I tried everything but the most obvious solution that is, "Delete Logic remote as a Controller" (preferences - Control surfaces - Setup & delete Logic remote) Then restart the Logic remote app, Logic will ask if you want to use Logic remote as a control surface & (finger crossed) Logic Remote should work properly again.

Edited by Peevy2000

Try deleting the control surfaces preference file. Quit Logic and trash this one:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Always good to know there's more than one way of doing it Eric, thanks. But just deleting Logic Remote as a Control Surface works a treat too ;)

No prob David.

I really like using the iPad with Logic, the App is brilliant. Only thing is I've been using my girlfirends ipad & she uses it constantly, I can only get my hands on it in the morning after she's done a nightshift... :(

I'll just have to get my own when funds permit

• 2 years later...

I'm unable to resolve this issue, does anyone have any other suggestions?

I've been working for hours trying every solution I could find online: Uninstalling/reinstalling logic remote and logic. deleting the plist files. rebuilding defaults under control surfaces. Deleting all control devices and restarting and reconnecting. I uninstalled any software that may cause a conflict such as Airconnect and Airlogin. All of these many different times in different orders and different combinations.

I'm able to connect fine and anything I do in logic is mirrored on the iPad but nothing works on the iPad. Transport features are all unresponses as well as the faders which just snap back to the current position. The pan will turn on the iPad side but nothing is changed in the DAW.

Thanks in advance.

OSX 10.11.1

iOS 9.2.1

Logic 10.2.1