Logic 7.2 "not" working on (intel) power mac...???

mercan

i bought the academic version of 7.2 and it didn't work on my power mac. which i still cannot believe.

i followed the installation tutorial step by step. everything seemed to be flawless.. i plugged the XS key in. ...and i could not open the program.

however, one thing that came to my mind was that it could be because i did not plug the XS key in during installation? -tutorial does not say that it should be plugged in-

should it be??? or shouldn't??? what could it be??? :roll:

i'm lost.

help me before i lose my mind.

:)

you don't have to plug the xskey.

Run software update and make sure you're up to 7.2.3

When you say it doesn't work, what happens? Do you get an error, does it start and just quit, does it crash? "Does not work" is too broad.

Thanks

R

1- it is an intel cpu mac pro...

2- just when it's about to start, it quits (starting window freezes) & you have to force quit it. it reads "not responding".

thank you.

did you do the software update?

Which model Intel Mac is this? I Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iMac? There are LOTS of models. Also how much RAM do you have?

Sevgili mercan,

1) Oncelikle internet yoluyla sistemini update etmeni oneririm - XS Key' in takili olsun (Ekran cubugunda sol-ust teki elma ikonuna tikladiktan sonra 'Software Update' den yapabilirsin).

2) Update cozum olmazsa kurulum sirasinda bir hata olusmus olabilir. Yeniden kurmayi deneyip, Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility icerisinden ''Repair Permissions'' yaparak sistemi optimize edebilirsin.

3) Yine olmazsa 0216 454 0101' den Apple musteri destek servisi ya da 0212 224 3201' den Compel' e danisabilirsin.

Kolay gelsin, Noyan.

Sevgili mercan,

1) Oncelikle internet yoluyla sistemini update etmeni oneririm - XS Key' in takili olsun (Ekran cubugunda sol-ust teki elma ikonuna tikladiktan sonra 'Software Update' den yapabilirsin).

2) Update cozum olmazsa kurulum sirasinda bir hata olusmus olabilir. Yeniden kurmayi deneyip, Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility icerisinden ''Repair Permissions'' yaparak sistemi optimize edebilirsin.

3) Yine olmazsa 0216 454 0101' den Apple musteri destek servisi ya da 0212 224 3201' den Compel' e danisabilirsin.

Kolay gelsin, Noyan.

That's pretty much word for word what I was going to suggest! :mrgreen:

thank you so much for all the care & patience you gave. case solved.

i found out that i messed everything up during the sound-card driver installation. :oops:

having the driver re-installed "properly" i can now go make some noise.

see you soon in "most shocking/terrifying beginner questions" series.

regards,

mercan