audio files sound odd in Logic

Flunkychicken

Hi everyone. Hoping someone here can help - I'm having a bit of trouble with importing audio files from the NIN remix Garageband files. It sounds like they're recorded at a different sample rate to mine (44.1) - a bit higher pitched - but when I look at the audio pool within Logic it says the audio files are 44.1. Have double checked all I can, all my other samples are fine, it's just whenever I use the audio files from Nine Inch Nails remix garageband files.

Please help :?

Hi again,

well, I tried converting the song to a project and no change - those files still sound much higher pitched than they should be.

Funnily enough I tried to change the sample rate (48 I think..) within Logic to see what happened and it just sounded even worse, but changed the audio file so that it played at a slower tempo when playing from quicktime outside Logic.

What's really confusing me is how all my other samples are fine, but any files from the NIN remix comp are dodgy.

I've come across this problem before a while ago - when I first upgraded from Logic 5 to 7.1 and tried to open a song (which also had files from a different NIN remix comp). It was completely wrecked, couldn't fix it+had to ditch the song. :(

Think I might just avoid NIN remixes from now on....... :roll:

Thanks for your help Simon