Guitar problem

carrmar

I hate to use this forum for this purpose, but people can be quite knowledgeable here and I am can't find any literature on the subject online.

Why might I be getting a distorted guitar tone from the line out of my amp? My gain is fine on both the guitar and amp. I am recording at perfect levels. WTF?

I've tried both instrument & line cables running out of the amp. Doesn't work.

Running it through Guitar Amp Pro makes it sound BETTER, but I want it to sound f*&^ing awesome.

Any ideas. Anybody had a similar problem?

I'm using a Gibson Les Paul Special HB with active pickups. I'm running out of a Marshall MG15 practice amp.

Its not the amp, because I ran into this problem running a cord out of a Twin Reverb last week.

Any ideas.

Levels are OK on all fronts. Essentially, no knobs are turned too high.

Line outs on amps are always dicey, unless it's specifically set up for direct recording ( PAD, XLR, 1/4 OUT, Trim). Even then the only good recording outs I've heard are on LINE 6 amps.

Personally you'd be better off spending $200 on the UX2, it sounds as close to real as you can get, if you can't swing 2 bills for the UX2 get an older POD 2.0 on craigslist or ebay. No one as ever figured out I don't run real amps and I am a tone snob.

If you're dead set on using your set-up I bet it's a PAD (Input) issue with the active pickups, those active pickup and a crappy DI on your amp would thrash inputs.

Mic it or buy a LINE 6 product bro, you won't be disapointed.

635092875_FlextoneIIIampsheet2.gif.b67160bcacabdf9d037a7e6a1166b316.gif

Man, why can't I find a way to record two great sounding guitar tracks at the same time?

I bought a Whirlwind A/B not too long ago, but returned it because it was introducing noise into the path.

I've tried a couple of amps with line outs and obviously that didn't work.

Has anybody successfully found a way to record one mic signal (with air and natural roominess) and one dry signal (like a DI) at the same time?

If so, what is the secret?