3 new free Apple Logic Pro Seminar videos!

does anybody happen to know what console Scott Wilkie is sitting in front of in his (2) videos?

Thanks!

It's a Euphonix System 5 console.

I know that you saw the above post ... but have you had a chance to Google the console yet?

Very expensive! GAZILLION dollars!

Cool board!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice vids !

I just learned some new key commands watching the Audio Production seminar.

Just one silly question: Around 12min45sec when Scott converts the region into a new audio file, the new region appears to change color automatically. How does he do that ?

how does he move the cycle with the set locator space without dragging it with the mouse?

what's that key command called?

also, select marker and automatically turn on cycle to that marker?

k

Look for:

Move locators forward/backwards by Cycle Lentgth

&

Set Locators by next/previous Marker and Enable Cycle

hey, majorback: i finally found out those commands. very nice.

as for your question, if you have (track instrument colors) in the view menu, checked, regions you change to apple loops, new files etc will change automatically to that colour.

k

David, are those blue sky monitors you're using with that Uber desk?

if so, what do you think of them???

if anyone else has opinions on blue sky monitors, I'd love to hear them.

sorry for the threadjackage :D

thanks for the vids. Nice to get new lil bits of info and see other ways of working.

The thing I'm getting most out of these vids is ideas for new key commands!

I love logic (and it's customizable key commands!)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The videos wont work!!! anybody know how to get them (or where there might be some other good videos to watch??)

+1

Those vids won't ever work again, they were for LP7 which Apple doesn't sell anymore.

I would suggest checking out macprovideo.com or looking on youtube for LP8.

Good luck on your quest.

X

These vids are no longer available on the Apple site. Does anyone know if they're available anywhere else?

If have searched EXTENSIVELY for these videos without success. I even emailed the video instructors, Vincent di Pasquale and Scott Wilkie.

I received this reply from Scott:

"Thanks for your note and the kind words.

Yeah, we decided to pull the previous Logic seminars because they were shot on Logic 7. I'll see if I'm able to distribute copies, but probably not likely due to Apple's online distribution copyrights, etc.

If you'd like, sign up for my mailing list and I'll let you know when new versions go live on the Apple site. We're already workin' on 'em "

Apple allowed users to download these seminars, but I haven't found anyone who downloaded them. All of the links I've found are redirected to the streaming videos at Apple which are no longer there. :(

Do you have Scott's email address so that I can sign up on his mailing list for notification of the new vids?

Tom

I'd like to signup too, if wee are allowed to. These seminars were great and useful-can't wait to see official Apple online seminars for Logic 8.

http://www.scottwilkie.com/maillist_form.html

You can also sign up for notification through Apple. They will notfiy you of upcoming online seminars and events in your area.

http://www.seminars.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/ASPRegistration.woa/wa/home?locs=us_en