how to automaticly split Midi data ?

mikiber2

I'm working on a strings project, now i have 5 inst tracks :

bass,cello,viola,violin1+2 and each track is set to the corresponding key limit of each instruments, so when i record enable all the tracks, i can play my keyboard with all the instruments seperated in the right octaves,

but after recording, all the midi info goes to track 1 !

how can i automaticly have the midi info splited to each track ?

I'm working on a strings project, now i have 5 inst tracks :

bass,cello,viola,violin1+2 and each track is set to the corresponding key limit of each instruments, so when i record enable all the tracks, i can play my keyboard with all the instruments seperated in the right octaves,

but after recording, all the midi info goes to track 1 !

how can i automaticly have the midi info splited to each track ?

1. Highlight all the notes for a part i.e. cello and in one of the midi editors i.like. the Score and assign them to a different midi channel.

2. Do the same for the other parts.

3. Then in the editor i.e. the Score under Note Events choose "Split to Channels."

BTW, I know this is not automatic but I think it may still be the most effective way at the end of the day.

YMMV.

Edited by Ashermusic

I must be doing something wrong,

if i change the midi chanel of each track (midi 1,2,3,4) and selecting the auto demix function then when i record enable the tracks, i can only hear chanel 1... ? any idea

should i use multi channel instruments ?..

right now i have MSI loaded for each intrument track in stereo.

actually when i record enable chanel 1 or 2 I can hear them, it's only when i record enable the both of them that i hear only chanel 1.. ? and this only if the chanel demix is clicked ?

i'm sure there must be a simple way to do this.

As I understand it the OP wants to record the different split zones of his keyboard on different tracks automatically, ie. without changing the MIDI channnel. But I'm not sure how to achieve this, maybe it requires some transformer cabling.

In other words: How to implement a function like 'Auto Demix by Zones'?