Bjork's earth intruders

I just heard Bjork's new song "Earth Intruders" on the radio.. I want to buy the album when it comes out! (May 10).

I've always been a huge Bjork fan since the first Sugarcubes record. When the Sugarcubes broke up and Bjork started her solo career, I told everybody who would listen that she was crazy to break up the Sugarcubes, and now she would probably tank. Of course we all know today that exactly the opposite happened, and she produced some great albums. Then lately with Medulla (is that what it was named?) she took a more experimental direction, and while exciting and intriguing at first, I have to say it quickly bored me. I think I like to hear a song. And now... Earth Intruders. Now THAT's a SONG!! I'm loving every little bit of it.

YouTube video of Bjork performing Earth Intruders live on SNL.

Haha.. I just saw the backup singers pick up the horns at the end.. isn't that a great live show?

I dont care what she does, Ill probably allways buy her albums because they are so full of creativity. Plus, being a big fan, well, why not? lol....cant wait for the album, would like to see her again in concert, but Im getting kinda tired of going all the way to Paris just for a concert. I think my friends there are getting tired of me coming up just to see a concert and using their pads to crash at, lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Saw her last night in a park near Vancouver, great show but too short!! Started with Earth Intruders and she had the horn section too. Take a look at the controler one of the band is using... she had these screens set up that showed just the hands of two guys in the band who were running loops and sounds.

IMG_3622_B.thumb.jpg.697bc812918fa4268fc0fba1fd97c7b0.jpg

I can't help it.. I'm a total Bjork fan. I've always loved the production on her albums and every now and then I think she pushes an idea too far but there are always some really brilliant elements to her music that comes from that pushing. As far as I'm concerned, love her or hate her (as many do), she is a pioneer of the digital music age.

Hi, I'm totally new to the forum (and to Logic). No better way to say hi than to add my little post to a thread on one of my favorite artists.

I've been loving her music for such a long time now that I actually forgot how good it was.

Bought Volta, loved it. Immediately wanted to re-listen her older albums. Couldn't find them because most of my music collection is in storage.

So I went oline and ordered the Surrounded collection. All albums in a neat, shiny package...

Instant gratification rocks!

gr.jakko